Filing season for the 2018 tax year is officially underway. To help you stay organized as you prepare to file, use the checklist below to gather all the forms and documents you’ll need.1
Identification for You and Your Spouse
- Full name(s), Social Security number(s) or tax ID number(s), and date(s) of birth for yourself, your spouse and all dependents
- Last year’s taxes, both federal and state (if applicable)
- W-2 forms
- 1099 forms
- 1099-MISC: contracted work
- 1099-INT: interest income
- 1099-DIV: dividends and distributions
- 1099-C: cancellation of debt
- 1099-R: retirement accounts such as IRAs, 401(k)s, pensions, and annuities
- 1099-S: real estate transactions
- SSA-1099: Social Security
- Retirement account contributions (IRAs)
- Form 5498
- Self-employment or home office expenses
- Records of all expenses paid to run your business such as gas, travel mileage, and maintenance, etc.
- Educational expenses
- Form 1098-T: tuition statements and qualified related expenses
- Medical expenses
- Records of all medical expenses for deductibles, co-pays, medications, and insurance premiums that you paid
- Homeowner Expenses
- Form 1098: mortgage-related interests
- Form 5695: energy saving improvements
- Charitable contributions
- Receipts of all monetary donations
- Descriptions and values of goods such as clothing and furniture
- State, local, and sales taxes
- Includes state and local income taxes, property taxes and school taxes, as well as tax that you paid on major purchases
Navigating the world of taxes can be daunting. But as your dedicated team, we’re here to provide insight and guidance with your best interests and individual situation in mind. Contact us today and let us help you stay organized to achieve your maximum return.
The content within this document is for informational and educational purposes only and does not constitute legal or tax advice. Customers should consult a legal or tax professional regarding their own situation. This document is not an offer to purchase, sell, replace, or exchange any product. Insurance products and any related guarantees are backed by the claims paying ability of an insurance company. Insurance policy applications are vetted through an underwriting process set forth by the issuing insurance company. Some applications may not be accepted based upon adverse underwriting results.
By clicking on these links, you will leave our server, as they are located on another server. We have not independently verified the information available through this link. The link is provided to you as a matter of interest. Please click on the links below to leave and proceed to the selected site.